Retail Sales Associate
Job Title: Sales Associate
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationships: Retail Management / Manager on Duty
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries have been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, make it the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer service and sales; general maintenance of nursery, pricing and stocking of inventory; watering of perishable inventory; become knowledgeable about plants and chemicals; develop sales skills and a customer following.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer service and sales
- General nursery clean-up: sweeping, dusting, washing windows, restroom clean-up
- Watering all sections of nursery
- Price and stock inventory
- Register functions
- Assist in receiving merchandise
- Help with customer delivery orders
- Pull transfer material
- Participate in Saturday Sales Meetings
- Read and learn about product lines carried in the Garden Center
- Follow safe work practices and report any unsafe working conditions to management
- Perform other related duties and assignments as requested
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Must pass a written product knowledge test (available at any garden center). Knowledge in California horticulture with the ability to communicate the knowledge clearly to customers, good communication skills, organized, ability to follow directions, and great customer service skills.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Medical, dental, life insurance after 30 days
- Paid holidays and paid vacation after 90 days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Salary will commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
Application Instructions: Apply at the nursery.