Care for Pansies & Violas
Refresh Spring & Summer Color
- Are your summer containers looking a little sad?
- It's time to replace your spring and summer color like petunias, begonias, marigolds, etc.
Pansies & Violas
- Now is the time to plant pansies & violas so they can establish and provide garden and container garden color throughout fall, winter and even early spring
- Pansies & violas are annuals
- Need to be planted each year
- Great selection of different colors; every color from pale pastels to vibrant reds and yellows
- Pansies & violas are in the same family
- Pansies: Usually refer to plants with large, showy blooms.
- Violas: Blooms are smaller in size but the plants tend to bloom more profusely
- Sun Requirements
- Full to partial sun
- Standard pansies & violas grow 4-6 inches tall & 5-8 inches wide
Cool Wave Pansies
- There's a new type of pansy called the "Cool Wave Pansy"
- Cool Wave pansies grow faster so you'll have larger plants with more blooms faster
- Cool Wave pansies also spread up to 2 feet so you can space the plants further apart
Elle Pot Pansies
- Elle Pot pansies are a traditional pansy in an untraditional pot
- There isn't a pot which cuts down on waste
- Elle Pot pansies are faster to plant
- Our landscape manager planted Elle pot pansies in all of the store landscapes and couldn't believe how quick they were to plant