Orchids are beautiful long lasting flowers. They bloom for weeks and even months at a time. And, they are actually quite easy to grow! Just place them in a spot in your home that receives bright but indirect light and water them once a week.
A great way to show off an orchid is by arranging it in a container garden with other indoor plants. It's best to keep the orchid in the plastic pot that it comes in.
Create your Orchid Garden
- Choose between a medium to large depending on how big you want the garden to be.
- Place an empty smaller pot in the lager pot.
- Plant the other plants around the empty pot.
- Remove them from their containers and fill in around their root balls with potting soil.
- Once everything else is planted, place the orchid still in it's plastic container, inside the empty pot in the garden.
- This pot will hold the spot for your orchid which will allow you to be able to remove it and take it to your sink to water it ( the other plants won't need to be watered as often).
- When the orchid stops blooming you can easily take it out of the garden and replace it with another blooming orchid.
You can create an Orchid garden to be a centerpiece for your dining room or coffee table that will last much longer than a cut flower arrangement!
Get the DIY Recipe to make this Orchid Garden >
Contact your store for more information