Landscape Lead Installation Foreman
Job Title: Lead Installation Foreman
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationships: Assistant Operations Manager / Operations Manager
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Hours may vary. Five-day, standard work week 40 hours; overtime and weekends as required.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries have been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, makes it the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
Pike Nurseries Landscaping provides a full service offering for any element of our customers' landscape needs. The Lead Installation Foreman position manages a crew of one or more to install plants and materials for customers according to the proposal and design. Follows company practices and procedures to ensure all materials are installed properly. Manages the crew onsite and participates in the installation of all materials. Manages fleet maintenance and safety. Supervises, coaches and trains crew members according to company policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands that Safety, Customer Engagement and Customer Satisfaction are top priorities.
- Direct customer to the designers as needed.
- Follows company procedures and practices in the installation of all materials.
- Maintains truck cleanliness and organization. Performs daily truck checklist prior to morning departure and brings any maintenance issues to the attention to the Operations Manager.
- Reports to work in clean and neat company-provided uniform attire.
- Provides ongoing training to crew members.
- Works varied days and hours as requested and in a variety of weather conditions.
- Checks all plant deliveries to invoice and proposal for accuracy.
- Ensures all materials and plants are of the highest quality.
- Maintains truck tool inventory and reports any needs to the Operations Manager.
- Monitors safety compliance and ensures that adequate supplies of safety equipment are on hand.
- Neatly completes all daily and weekly paperwork on a timely basis.
- Brings any employee infractions to the attention of the Operations Manager.
- Properly coaches and trains all installation crew personnel.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Manages the fleet of Installation trucks and pickups.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Has two (2) year degree in Horticulture or two (2) years’ experience in a related field.
- Becomes Hort 101 Certified within first two (2) years of job classification.
- Must obtain a valid state-issued pesticide license within one (1) year of job classification.
- Must have a valid state-issued Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, and group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Hourly rate will commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.