Retail Office Coordinator
Job Title: Retail Office Coordinator
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Retail Management / Regional Management
Work Schedule: Standard work week based on 40 hours; overtime and weekends as required.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures the back office functions efficiently and effectively. The office coordinator is responsible for general office and clerical duties and handles the fundamental aspects of the store’s record keeping, including accounts payable documents, posting all receiving documents, sales reconciliations and reporting, and payroll-related paperwork.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes new hire, termination and other associate paperwork.
- Processes weekly payroll/labor information to be sent to corporate office.
- Processes daily reports and verifies daily sales records and reporting; notifies the Store Manager of any discrepancies.
- Makes sure that deposits are sent to the bank as directed.
- Manages/reconciles cash in the safe and reports any discrepancies to management. Orders change when necessary.
- Receives all merchandise from vendor invoices into the POS inventory system.
- Maintains in-store vendor files.
- Processes transfers of inventory from store to store.
- Processes vendor credits for incorrect counts or damaged merchandise.
- Enters shrinkage adjustments for store use and throwaway merchandise into the POS inventory system.
- Assists with physical inventory counts to ensure inventory is properly tracked.
- Ensures back office and front end areas are stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Ensures all I.T. equipment is operating properly, working with IT to address computer issues and making sure all outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Answers incoming phone calls as needed.
- Performs duties of lead cashier/cashier as needed.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- Has high level of interpersonal skills to communicate well with associates and customers.
- Computer skills: Intermediate level of skill in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Has the ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Has the ability to use a 10 key calculator.
- Has the ability to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Is required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Has the ability to multi-task.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
2 to 4 years work-related experience. Basic accounting knowledge. High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participates in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 20 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.