Retail Sales Associate
Job Title: Sales Associate
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Retail Management / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours vary by season. This position may require evening and weekend work.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Proactive customer engagement and sales; general maintenance of nursery; pricing and stocking of inventory; watering of perishable inventory; becomes knowledgeable about plants and chemicals; develop sales skills and a customer following.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer service and sales
- General nursery maintenance
- Waters all sections of nursery
- Prices and stock inventory
- Knows Point-of-Sale functions
- Assists in receiving merchandise
- Helps with customer delivery orders
- Pulls transfer material
- Learns about product lines carried in the Garden Center
- Follow safe work practices and reports any unsafe working conditions to management
- Attends store meetings as directed by management
- Performs other related duties and assignments as requested
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
One plus year(s) work-related experience. Has the desire to become a Georgia or North Carolina Certified Plant Professional.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- Has a high level of interpersonal skills to appropriately deal with associates and customers.
- Computer skills: Beginner level of skill in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Has the ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Is required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Is required to lift 25 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Has the ability to multi-task.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participate in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Has unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.