Retail Visual Merchandiser
Job Title: Visual Merchandiser
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationships: Visual Merchandising Manager / Retail Management
Work Schedule: Hours vary by season. This position may require some weekend work.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
This position serves as the point of contact for the entire garden center in regards to visual display items. This position serves as an integral part of both the garden center crew as well as the Visual Merchandising Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands that safety, proactive customer engagement and customer satisfaction are our top priorities
- Understands all Point-of-Sale functions
- Reviews and implements display schematics
- Sets displays, focal points and display gardens
- Re-merchandises end caps and other seasonal rotational displays
- Reviews monthly sales planner and promotional calendars for consistency
- Implements and follows-up on company merchandising standards
- Orders and posts store signage
- Analyzes store layout and traffic flow
- Provides feedback and recommendations for store layout, merchandising, etc.
- Has effective communication skills
- Assists in customer carry-outs
- Learns about product lines carried in the Garden Center
- Follows safe work practices and reports any unsafe working conditions to management
- Performs other related duties and assignments as requested
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Personable, outgoing individual, willing to learn nursery person skills; enthusiastic, self-motivated individual. Previous merchandising experience a plus.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacations
- Participate in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.