Enjoy a fresh dish with all your favorite garden vegetables. A burst of Spring in every bite.
Step 1: Cook pasta according to package directions, while reserving ½ cup pasta water.
Step 2: While pasta is cooking prepare vegetables. Over medium-high heat, in a large skillet with olive oil, sauté asparagus, bell pepper, broccoli, and garlic until veggies are tender. Depending on the size of your pieces should be about 7-9 minutes. Stir in spinach, peas, cherry tomatoes and continue until spinach has wilted completely tomatoes are warmed through, an additional 4-6 minutes.
Step 3: Stir in cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, lemon juice and basil. Season with salt and pepper and top with parmesan cheese to serve.
From the Garden
- 2 Cups - Fresh Broccoli, trimmed to bite size
- 2 Cups - Asparagus, trimmed to 2-inch pieces
- 1 Cup - Mixed Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Cup - Red Onion, diced
- 1 Cup - Fresh Spinach, chopped to bite size
- 1 Cup - Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup - Peas
- 2 tbsp - Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 - Lemons, squeezed
From the Pantry
- 1 lb - Farfalle “butterfly” pasta
- 3 tbsp - Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping