How to Pick a Christmas Tree
Picking Your Christmas Tree
- Look for fresh Christmas trees that are kept in a shady, protected area. Uncovered Christmas trees can be exposed to a lot of direct sunlight and wind which dries them out.
- Inspect the tree from all angles to make sure it is uniform and there aren't broken branches or grabs. At Pike Nurseries, the Christmas trees are in stands so you can see them from every angle.
- Look for real Christmas trees that are well hydrated to ensure that they last. A tree standing in water will be more hydrated and last longer.
- The fresh Christmas tree should be a healthy green color
- When you run your hand along the branch of the tree, the needles should hold fast and be flexible. A real Christmas tree with stiff, brittle needles is too dry and will turn brown and drop needles very quickly.
Real Fraser Fir
Grown in the mountains of western North Carolina, fresh cut fraser firs are the most popular Christmas tree. They have short, dark green needles on upturned branches. A highly fragrant Christmas tree with the traditional scent.
Real Noble Fir
Real Nordmann Fir
The most popular Christmas tree in Europe. Nordmann firs are deep green with branches that are evenly spaced and are very sturdy - perfect for large or heavy ornaments. The perfect Christmas tree for those with allgeries, the Nordman Fir doe not have a scent.
Real Snow Flocked
Create a white Christmas with a snow flocked Christmas tree. The snow can be applied to any type of Christmas tree and is non-toxic. It seals in the tree's moisture so you so you don't have to water the tree. Choose from pre-flocked trees or have any of our fresh-cut trees flocked.
***Snow Flocked Trees only available in store.***
NEW Alpine Noble
We're excited to introduce a new Christmas tree variety, the Alpine Noble Fir. This one-of-a-kind tree is grown high in the mountains. It has stunning blue-green needles with nice separation between branches that gives is a modern, rustic look and is perfect for long ornaments. Choose from Alpine Noble Fir 5 to 10 feet tall.
The Pike Christmas Tree Journey
We are committed to offering the freshest, high-quality Christmas trees. Each tree receives a fresh cut upon arrival before being placed in a stand with water. Wander through our forest where you can view the trees from every angle.