Pumpkins: Creative Ideas
Wondering what to do with your pumpkin this year? Check out our top ten ideas for creative ways to use your pumpkin.
10. Make a Facial Mask: while this may sound a little crazy, pumpkins are rich in vitamins A, C and zinc which are great for sun damaged, dry or sensitive skin. To create the mask use cooked, pureed pumpkin, honey, and a splash of milk. Leave on your face for 15 minutes and then wash off and enjoy the results!
9. Turn your pumpkin into a vase. Cut the stem off the pumpkin and places fresh cut flowers from your garden.
8. Decorate it. Not everyone loves to carve pumpkins, so why not break out the craft supplies and create your own fall decorations.
7. Roast the Seeds. After cleaning out the inside, you have tons of seeds left over so why not use them? Baking pumpkins seeds is really easy, just toss clean seeds with butter, salt and bake at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes on a baking sheet. Stir occasionally and enjoy frequently.
6. Use pumpkins of all shapes and sizes for decorations around your home. Pumpkins are the essential fall décor item and will last.
5. Create a pumpkin family! We are sure you kids will have the most fun with this one, but why not create a pumpkin that looks like each member of the family.
4. Pumpkin Games? Turn some favorite party games into festive fall games by adding a little pumpkin pizzazz. Try pumpkin bowling, a pumpkin ring toss, or even guess the number of seeds inside a pumpkin.
3. Grow it! Use your pumpkin seeds from this year’s pumpkin to grow next year’s pumpkin. Pumpkins are easy to grow and fun to watch. Clean the seeds and plant them in full sunlight, rich soil during the spring. Watch the pumpkins grow through the year and when fall finally comes in, you will have your own patch to figure out what to do with! Another fun tip: create a growing contest between family members, place a stake near each member’s seeds and see whose pumpkins grows to be the largest.
2. Eat it! There are millions of pumpkin recipes, whether you are looking for a breakfast treat (Pumpkin Pancakes or Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins) or hearty meal ideas (Pumpkin Soup or Roast Pumpkin and Feta Risotto). We are sure you will find something the whole family would love. For recipes or more pumpkin creations, check out http://allrecipes.com//HowTo/pumpkin-recipes/Detail.aspx
1. Carve it! Of course the most popular pumpkin tradition, it is a great way to bring the whole family together. Whether you are creative or not, use a permanent marker to outline your design, download a stencil or purchase a pumpkin carving kit.