Farm Delivery Driver
Job Title: Farm Delivery Driver
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Manager / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours and workdays vary by season.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Delivers/transfers product to customers and other Pike stores in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that customer engagement and satisfaction are top priorities.
- Delivers orders on time according to the schedule with invoice copies for both the store and Farm.
- Keeps company truck clean and serviced. Brings any repair needs to the attention of the management staff.
- Keeps current and maintains required Company and FMCSA vehicle log and driver’s daily logbooks.
- Maintains a clean MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) and a current driver’s license.
- Must qualify for and maintain a current DOT medical card.
- Provides support to the team as deemed necessary by management.
- Ensures all items that are returned to Pike Farm are properly restocked .
- Monitor rack counts during the week while doing deliveries and help schedule pick up times with the Shipping Lead.
- Check to make sure the correct number of racks are being loaded, shipped, and picked up from each store.
- Pick up empty racks and pallets whenever possible – truck should not return empty unless racks are unavailable.
- Assist with loading and unloading the truck.
- Check for correct paperwork and return all signed invoices and expense receipts. Ensure that paperwork including gas receipts are filed correctly in the office.
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle employees and customers with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Computer skills: Beginner skill level in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. on regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to multi-task.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
One plus year(s) work-related experience.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
Please note the candidate must have a clean driving record.