Farm Production Lead
Job Title: Farm Production Lead
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Facility Manager / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours and workdays vary by season.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Protect the Pike Farm brand by correctly and efficiently planting plant material and maintaining a high standard of quality in a motivating environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of a designated range of plants. Maintenance includes watering, fertilizing, spacing, weeding and moving the plants.
- Monitor all incoming cuttings and plugs daily. Check them in and keep them watered while in the production area.
- Maintain tag inventory and storage area.
- Ensure that all plugs are planted in the appropriate pots, are labeled, and are tagged accurately.
- Ensure that the production team is planting all plugs and cuttings according to the guidelines developed by management.
- Maintain standards for soil levels and planting depths in pots and trays according to guidelines developed by management.
- Ensure that the flat filler area is safe and clear of obstructions and safety hazards.
- Keep the production area clean and organized at all times. Floors need to be cleaned, areas weeded, trash emptied, pallets of pots and trays organized, and tag boxes need to be returned to their correct area.
- Ensure that the production line is at its highest level of productivity.
- Achieve productivity goals and follow planting guidelines as specified by management.
- Assist the Shipping Lead in pulling orders as needed.
- Accepts other tasks as directed by the management.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- High level of interpersonal skills to be able to positively interact with fellow associates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. on regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
One plus year(s) work-related experience.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.