Farm Shipping Lead
Job Title: Farm Shipping Lead
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Facility Manager / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours and workdays vary by season.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Protect the Pike Farm brand by shipping the highest quality products. Ensure customer satisfaction through clear communication and accurate shipping.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee shipping processes from start to finish.
- Coach and lead a team in a motivating environment.
- Operate in the most efficient and productive manner.
- Report to management all credits, adjustments or changes to customer orders before approving or finalizing the shipment.
- Inspect all product that will be shipped and make sure it is high quality, accurately counted and racked/loaded onto the truck according to company standards.
- Ensure all product is accurately tagged.
- Using transfer documents, conduct a final inspection at the loading dock to ensure accuracy and quality. Even if the items are racked by the Shipping Lead, this final inspection should be completed with the final transfer.
- Enter transfers into the system and manage transfer documents as necessary.
- Work with drivers to maximize efficiency of deliveries/logistics including organizing packing and shipping times.
- Communicate delivery times to the stores/customers each week before the deliveries are made.
- Enforce safety standards as they pertain to shipping and distribution.
- Work with the Warehouse Lead to maintain communication to customers to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- Monitor shipping racks and organize pickups. Work with drivers on rack pickup so that an adequate rack inventory is available for the upcoming shipping week.
- Maintain the delivery board and communicate the updates to the Warehouse Lead.
- Work with the Warehouse Lead to make sure that deliveries of hard goods are loaded accurately and according to company standards.
- Work with Warehouse Lead to help maintain the warehouse and rack storage areas.
- Responsible for cycle counts and general inventory maintenance.
- Accepts other tasks as directed by the Farm manager.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- High level of interpersonal skills to be able to positively interact with fellow associates.
- Computer skills: Beginner skill level in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. on regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to multi-task.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
One plus year(s) work-related experience.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.