Farm Shipping & Production Technician
Job Title: Farm Shipping & Production Technician
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Ringgold, GA
Status: Full Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Facility Manager / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours and workdays vary by season.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Help to define the Pike Farm brand through accurate order fulfillment and selecting the best quality products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately pull orders following company shipping standards.
- Efficiently rack orders and help the Shipping Lead keep the distribution area organized and clean.
- Report any changes to orders or product quality issues to the Shipping Lead.
- Plant all plugs and cuttings following the standards and procedures established by management.
- Responsible for meeting productivity goals as specified by the Production Lead.
- Follow planting schedules and guidelines determined by the Production Lead.
- Accepts other tasks as directed by management.
- Maintain a safe, clean and positive work environment at all times.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- High level of interpersonal skills to be able to positively interact with fellow associates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. on regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
One plus year(s) work-related experience.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.