Farm Warehouse Lead
Job Title: Farm Warehouse Lead
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Facility Manager / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours and workdays vary by season.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain the warehouse in a clean and safe manner to generate highly productive and efficient shipments and accurate inventories.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high quality standards for outgoing and incoming inventory.
- Receive and count incoming products accurately and according to company standards and procedures.
- Report all issues with any product immediately to the Farm Manager.
- Maintain accurate paperwork for receiving, shipping and cycle counts.
- Work with Shipping Lead to maximize efficiency of deliveries, logistics and loading of trucks. Regularly check the delivery board and maintain pull sheets to reflect any changes.
- Fulfill all orders of hard goods for customers in an efficient and accurate manner. Communicate any changes to the Shipping Lead.
- Make sure that all products are loaded onto trucks per company standards.
- Oversee hard goods and cooler inventories keeping product organized and stored properly. Make sure any exposed items are covered with plastic.
- Proactively communicate slow-moving inventory to management to maximize warehouse space. Have working knowledge of all products and their components.
- Develop accuracy through cycle counting on a scheduled rotation.
- Ensure that safety standards are enforced as they pertain to distribution. Place orders for items needed to maintain company standards.
- Understand and know how to use Eagle Browser’s components as they pertain to distribution.
- Maintain the Forklift Daily Checklist.
- Assist in other areas as directed by the manager/supervisor.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle employees with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Computer skills: Beginner skill level in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. on regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to multi-task.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
One plus year(s) work-related experience.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.