Job Title: Loader
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Retail Management / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours vary by season. This position may require weekend work.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, is considered to be the the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures timely and accurate customer or vendor assistance in the loading area, greenhouse or front end. Maintains the merchandise in the loading area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands that safety, proactive customer engagement and customer satisfaction are our top priorities.
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near the loading area, greenhouse and garden shop.
- Provides courteous and accurate loading assistance for customers on a timely basis.
- Verifies and loads the materials listed on the Point of Sale receipt.
- Operates a forklift or utilize a cart, dolly or hand truck to load materials as needed.
- Ensures housekeeping standards are met daily.
- Attends store meetings as directed by managment.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
One plus years work-related experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- Has a high level of interpersonal skills to deal with customers according to company standards.
- Becomes forklift certified at manager’s discretion.
- Has the ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Is required to stand for long periods of time.
- Is required to lift 25 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to multi-task.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participate in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.