Retail Delivery Driver
Job Title: Maintenance Associate
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Manager / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours and workdays vary by season.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Delivers/transfers product to customers and other Pike stores in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands that safety, proactive customer engagement and customer satisfaction are our top priorities.
- Delivers orders to customers on time according to store schedule.
- Calls each customer in advance to notify time of delivery and asks if any additional product is needed.
- Keeps company truck clean and serviced. Brings any repair needs to the attention of the management staff.
- Maintains vehicle log.
- Provides support to the operations team as deemed necessary by the management team.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- Has a high level of interpersonal skills to deal with associates and customers.
- Computer skills: Beginner level of skill in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Has the ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Is required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Is required to lift up to 50 lbs. on regular basis and up to 75 lbs. on occasion.
- Has the ability to multi-task.
- Depending on the size of the delivery truck, may be required to obtain a CDL License.
- Is required to be a certified forklift operator.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
One plus year(s) work-related experience.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
Please note the candidate must have a clean driving record.