Retail Maintenance Associate
Job Title: Maintenance Associate
Locations: Metro Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly
Reporting Relationships: Retail Manager / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: Hours vary by season. This position requires some weekend and evening work.
“Come Play in the Dirt”
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. WIth Pike’s sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the company is considered to be the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is a key part of the overall success of the nursery and helps to unload trucks, maintain plants quality and store cleanliness.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands that safety, proactive customer engagement and customer satisfaction are our top priorities.
- Performs general nursery clean-up: sweeping, dusting, washing windows, restroom clean-up
- Waters, fertilizes and maintains all sections of nursery
- Assists in stocking inventory
- Assists in customer carry-outs
- Becomes familiar with product lines carried in the Garden Center
- Follow safe work practices and reports any unsafe working conditions to management
- Performs other related duties and assignments as requested
Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- Has a high level of interpersonal skills to deal with customers according to company standards.
- Becomes forklift certified at manager’s discretion.
- Has the ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Is required to stand for long periods of time.
- Is required to lift 25 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Has the ability to multi-task.
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Personable, outgoing, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, willing to learn nursery person skills.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, vision and other group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 30% Employee Discount
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.