Ladybug Party Bruschetta Appetizers
This cute appetizer will delight the taste buds of kids and adults alike. Use your homegrown basil and tomatoes to create this garden-fresh treat for your ladybug-themed party.
Step 1. Slice a baguette & toast it or purchase pre-made bruschetta toast.
Step 2. Harvest your basil and make fresh pesto. In a food processor blend fresh basil with olive oil, garlic cloves, salt and pepper (parmesan cheese and pine nuts optional).
Step 3. Slice cherry tomatoes and whole black olives in half. Pick fresh basil leaves for garnish.
Step 4. Spread a small amount of pesto on the toast. Top with half of a fresh cherry tomato, half of a black olive, and a fresh basil leaf (green or purple).
Grow several varieties of Basil to add more color to your presentation. Here we've used Sweet Basil, Purple Basil, and Variegated Basil 'Pesto Perpetuo.'
- Fresh basil for pesto & garnishing (choose your favorite variety)
- Fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- Can of whole black olives, drained, pitted & halved
- Baguette or pre-made bruschetta toast
- Olive oil, garlic cloves, salt & pepper