Benefits of Landscaping
Landscaping boosts curb appeal and beautifies the outside of your home. But there are tangible benefits to landscaping besides just making your outdoor space pretty. A good landscape design can increase property value, lower energy costs, increase functionality, and benefit the local wildlife. That's a win/win in our book!
Increased Property Value
- Strategic design and lighting can discourage crime by making it more difficult for criminals to access your home.
- A good landscape design can boost curb appeal and add up to 20% to the value of your home.
Lower Energy Costs
- Trees around the house can provide natural shade and insulation, helping you save money on air conditioning costs.
- Trees can also block cold winter winds to help decrease heating costs.
Increased Functionality & Enjoyability
- Using edible plants in landscaping can provide fruits, herbs, and vegetables for your family.
- Landscaping can increase the size of your home by adding outdoor living space, help reduce noise pollution, and block unsightly views.
Positive Environmental Impact
- Plants can be beneficial to local wildlife by providing food and/or shelter for bees, birds, butterflies, or squirrels.
- Plants reduce air pollution by absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen.
Ready to tackle your own landscape to create a backyard retreat, boost curb appeal, and get the garden of your dreams? Book an appointment with a professional Pike Nurseries landscape designer.