Elegant Houseplants Project
Step 1: Choose a container with a drainage hole & fill 1/3 full with Pike's Potting Soil.
Step 2: Add plants as directed on the diagram below. Start with the pre-formed ivy ball or wreath in the middle, then add the other plants. Add more soil around the root balls of each plant, filling any gaps.
Step 3: Water your container well. Stop when water comes out the drainage holes on the bottom then let it fully drain.
Step 4: If adding a string of battery-operated Christmas lights, tuck the battery pack under the ivy form and under the foliage of the accompanying plants.
Step 5: Add decorative moss to hide the battery pack & to give it a clean finish.
Step 6: Add some decorative elements of your choice. Here, we've added a white bird and artificial white berries. Options are endless, get creative!
- A - Ivy Form wreath
- B - Selaginella 'Frosty Fern'
- C - Fittonia
- Place your garden in bright, indirect light for best performance.
- Be sure to protect the lights' battery pack when watering your new garden.
- Use the "finger test" to check on your garden's water level.
- Stick your finger 1 to 2 inches into the soil. If it's dry, it's time to water.
- Quick tip: Wrap the battery pack in some plastic wrap from the kitchen to protect it from water and soil. Then, wrap the lights around the ivy form starting from the bottom.
1 - Bowl container 10x3 inches
1 - Ivy Form wreath
3 - Selaginella 'Frosty Fern'
3 - Fittonia
1 - Bag dried Spanish moss
1 - Bag Pike's Premium Potting soil
1 - Battery operated string lights
1 - Decorative piece of your choice