DIY Single-Color Container Garden
Single-Color Container Garden
Full Sun Project
Time: 30 Minutes
Container gardens are an easy introduction to gardening, ideal for beginners or folks with small spaces. If you're unsure about how to pair together the right kind of plants for your container, make it simple - stick to one color! A monochromatic story in your container is easy to create and very high impact! You can choose whatever color makes you happy. We chose white for this garden because it's clean and bright, can be seen at night (moon garden, anyone?), and there are tons of plants with white blooms to choose from! As for design tips: follow the thriller/filler/spiller method when selecting plants, choose plants that like the same amount of sun, and go with the "more is more" philosophy (choose lots of plants to get a full, "grown in" look right away).
- A - Salvia
- B - Lobularia
- C - Argyranthemum
- D - Bacopa
- E - Dusty Miller 'Cirrus'
- F - Dusty Miller 'Silver Dust'
- G - Lobelia
- 1 - Pot of your choice 14 inch
- 1 - Salvia 'Summer Jewel White' 4.3 inch
- 1 - Lobularia 'White Stream' 6.5 inch
- 2 - Argyranthemum white 4.3 inch
- 2 - Bacopa white 4.3 inch
- 1 - Dusty Miller 'Cirrus' 3.5 inch
- 2 - Dusty Miller 'Silver Dust' 3.5 inch
- 1 - Lobelia 'Techno Upright White' 4.3 inch
- Pike Potting & Container Soil
- Dr. Earth Annual Bloom Organic Fertilizer