Water-Wise Butterfly Planter
This water-wise planter does not need much attention to thrive & it also attracts butterflies & hummingbirds!
Step 1: Find a sunny spot in your yard
Step 2: Choose a large pot that is 16 - 20 inches in diameter
Step 3: Fill the container about 1/3 full with Pike's Potting & Container Soil
Step 4: Mix in a healthy handful of Dr. Earth's Root Zone fertilizer
Step 5: Gently remove plants from their container & place in the pot according to diagram
Step 6: Add more potting soil to fill spaces between plants.
Step 7: Water well making sure it is penetrating the soil & running out of the holes on the bottom.
A - Liatris
B - Rudbeckia
C - Celosia 'Intenz'
D - Echinacea
E - Vinca Cora
F - Zinnia
G - Lantana 'Gold Struck'
- 1 - 8-inch Liatris
- 1 - 8-inch Rudbeckia
- 1 - 8-inch Echinacea
- 2 - 4-inch Vinca Cora
- 2 - 6-inch Lantana 'Gold Struck'
- 1 - 4-inch Zinnia
- 1 - Bag Pike's Potting & Container Soil
- 1 - Bag Dr. Earth Root Zone Fertilizer
- 1 - Large pot, at least 16-inches in diameter
- This planter needs full sun to grow its best.
- Feel soil often & only water when it is dry several inches down.
- Fertilize monthly with a balanced fertilizer such as Dr. Earth's All Purpose organic slow release; sprinkle around base of plants before watering.