Choosing a Houseplant
Determining Your Light
The only thing you need to know when you come to Pike Nurseries to select your houseplant is what type of light the plant will receive.
There's an easy way to determine your lighting condition. Take a piece of white paper and hold your hand about 8 inches above the paper:
- High Light: If you can clearly see the shadow from your hand and it has some definition
- Medium Light: There is a blurred shadow
- Low Light: No shadow
- Asparagus Fern
- Dracaena (some varieties)
- ZZ Plant
Caring for Houseplants
- Keep houseplants watered so that the soil is just slightly moist to the touch.
- Apply a good fertilizer like Bonide Liquid Plant Food