Blue Smoked Slaw
If you have bbq meat you need the slaw! Try a different on traditional coleslaw by smoking the cabbage to make this sweet and smokey slaw. It's sure to get everyone talking.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- Stabilize smoker at 250 degrees F.
- Make slaw dressing by combining mayonnaise, red onion, scallions, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and mustard. Set aside.
- Mix garlic and barbecue rub until well combined.
- Core cabbage and fill with garlic mixture.
- Using heat deflectors, smoke for 2-3 hours, depending on size.
- Remove from smoker and cut into quarters. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice into thin strips and toss well, incorporating garlic mixture.
- Add slaw dressing and mix until well combined.
From the Garden
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 1/3 cup of minced garlic
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup of scallions, sliced
From the Market and Pantry
- 3 tablespoons of barbecue rub
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of whole-grain mustard