Pork Belly BLT Skewers
Southerners love grilled pork belly. These skewers are perfect for parties as an appetizer or on a buffet. Use garden fresh tomatoes for a more intense flavor. Enjoy skewers as-is or with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Stabilize smoker at 250 degrees F.
- Cut pork belly into roughly 1-inch pieces.
- Cover pork belly with barbecue rub, then keep refrigerated until ready to smoke.
- Using smoke deflectors, smoke pork belly for 3 hours.
- Pull pork from smoker and place in an oven-safe pan.
- Cover pork belly with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Cover pan and place back on the smoker for 90 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add pork belly, tomatoes, and lettuce to skewers.
From the Garden
- Bibb lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
From the Market and Pantry
- Heritage Farms Cheshier Pork Belly, with skin removed
- Favorite barbecue rub
- Favorite barbecue sauce