Great for a meatless Monday meal. This pasta dish is bursting with garden freshness.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Toast chopped almonds for 4 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Step 3: Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh chili peppers, oregano, thyme, lemon rind, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes then add the garlic.
Step 4: Continue cooking 3 more minutes stirring constantly until the garlic just starts to caramelize.
Step 5: Reduce the heat to low and then stir in the olives and cook another 5 minutes.
Step 6: Meanwhile, add the pasta to boiling water and cook two minutes under package directions - needs to be very al dente. Just before draining pasta, remove and save 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Step 7: Add the hot pasta right into the skillet with oil and seasonings. Add the wine and toss to combines. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the parmesan, basil, and mint, tossing to combine. If needed, thin the pasta with a little of the reserved cooking water.
Step 8: Divide the pasta among each plate. Top with toasted almonds, tomatoes and feta.
From the Garden
- 2 Tbsp - Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp - Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp - Fresh Mint Leaves, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup - Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1 Cup - Red or Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Lemon - Rind of Lemon, Thinly Sliced
From the Pantry
- 1/3 Cup - Raw Almonds, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup - Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup - Dry, White Wine
- 3/4 Cup - Fresh Parmesan, Grated
- 1/2 Cup - Fresh Feta, Crumbled
- 1-2 tsp - Crushed Red Pepper Flakes or 2-3 Tbsp of Fresh Chili Peppers, Diced
- 1/2 Cup - Kalamata Olives, Pitted and Halved
- 1 LB - Thick Spaghetti Noodles
- 4 - Cloves of Garlic, Smashed
- Kosher Salt & Pepper