Lemon Herb Pasta
Prepare a refreshing pasta dish full of fresh flavor from the garden. The lemon brings out the essence of the tasty aromatic herbs. Make this recipe our own by adding grilled chicken or shrimp or replace the pasta with fresh zucchini noodles. Show us your lemon herb pasta on Instagram.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Toast chopped almonds for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, then add olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh chili peppers, oregano, thyme, lemon rind, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the garlic.
- Continue cooking for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly until the garlic just starts to caramelize.
- Reduce the heat to low and then stir in the olives. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to boiling water and cook 2 minutes under package directions; the pasta needs to be very al dente. Just before draining the pasta, remove and save 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the hot pasta right into the skillet with oil and seasonings. Add the wine and toss until it combines. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the parmesan, basil, and mint, tossing to combine. If needed, thin the pasta with a little bit of the reserved cooking water.
- Divide the pasta among each plate. Top with toasted almonds, tomatoes, and feta.
From the Garden
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup of red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon rind, thinly sliced
From the Market and Pantry
- 1/3 cup of raw almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of dry, white wine
- 3/4 cup of fresh parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup of fresh feta, crumbled
- 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes, crushed; or 2-3 tablespoons of fresh chili peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 pound of thick spaghetti noodles
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed kosher
- Salt and pepper