For Full Sun
Fall Container for Full Sun Project
Add the element of fall with this beautiful fall container for full sun. Add to your porch, patio or garden bed for the perfect autumn feel!
Step 1: Find a location that gets 5+ hours of direct sunlight.
Step 2: Choose a large pot that is 20 inches in diameter with drainage holes.
Step 3: Fill the container about 2/3 full with Pike's Potting & Container Soil.
Step 4: Work in a handful of Dr. Earth's Root Zone fertilizer
Step 5: Remove plants from their containers & place according to plant diagram
Step 6: Add more soil making sure to fill in the gaps & water well
A - Purple ornamental cabbage
B - Fountain grass
C - Yellow mum
D - Euphorbia 'Ascot Rainbow'
E - Carex ornamental grass
F - Ornamental Peppers
G - Small Pumpkin
H - Pansies or Violas
- 1 - Purple ornamental cabbage 8-inch
- 1 - Fountain grass 6.5-inch
- 1 - Yellow mum 8-inch
- 1 - Euphorbia 'Ascot Rainbow' 4-inch
- 1 - Carex ornamental grass 4-inch
- 1 - Ornamental Peppers 6.5-inch
- 1 - Small Pumpkin
- 1 - Pansies or Violas 4-inch
- 1 - 20-inch pot with drainage holes
- 1 - Bag Pike Potting & Container Soil
- 1 - Bag Dr. Earth's Root Zone Fertilizer
- Feel soil about 3 inches down several times a week.
- If the soil feels dry, it's time to water.
- If the soil feels moist, do not water & check again the following day.
- Feeling the soil for moisture levels will help avoid over-watering or under-watering your plants.