Living Tree with Lights
Living Tree with Lights Project
Plant a cold hardy Alberta Spruce and dress it up with lights for some outdoor holiday spirit that is quick & simple. Place on your covered porch, patio or on either side of your front door.
Full Sun Project
Step 2: Fill your container about 2/3 full with Pike's Potting & Container soil.
Step 3: Work in a handful of Dr. Earth's Root Zone fertilizer to promote root growth.
Step 4: Plant Alberta Spruce in the center of the container & add more soil around the rootball.
Step 5: Place moss on top of the soil for a nice, clean look.
Step 6: Begin wrapping lights from the bottom & gently wrap around the Alberta Spruce, working your way to the top.
- 1 - 3 Gallon Alberta Spruce
- 1 - At least 5-feet of holiday lights
- 1 - 12" Container, or larger
- 1 - Bag Pike's Potting & Container Soil
- 1 - Bag Super Moss
- 1 - Bag Dr. Earth's Root Zone Fertilizer
- Feel soil several inches down a few times a week.
- If the soil feels dry, it's time to water.
- If the soil feels moist, do not water & check again the following day.
- Avoid wetting the lights when watering.
- Feeling the soil for moisture levels will help avoid over-watering or under-watering your Rosemary Topiary.