Poinsettia Kokedama Project
Plant a poinsettia in a Kokedama moss ball to create a Christmas conversation piece with this quick & easy DIY!
Step 1: Fill 1/4 of a Kokedama ball with Pike's Potting & Container soil.
Step 2: Gently remove the poinsettia from its container, making sure not to disturb the roots.
Step 3: Gently place the poinsettia inside the Kokedama ball.
Step 4: Add more soil to the Kokedama ball & gently tap the ball to even out the soil.
Step 5: Continue adding soil little by little until the Kokedama ball is filled & poinsettia roots are covered.
- 1 - 4-in Poinsettia
- 1 - Kokedama moss ball kit
- 1 - 8 qt. bag Pike's potting soil
- Feel soil several inches down every few days.
- If the soil feels dry, soak the Kokedama ball in a bowl of water for several minutes without wetting the poinsettia foliage.
- Place in a sink to drain & towel dry before hanging back up.