Blueberries are full of antioxidants and taste great by the handful. Enjoying your blueberries is as easy as pie. Baking this delicious pie will fill your home with sweet-smelling berries and impress your friends and family. This is a perfect pie for the summertime and tastes great when served warm or cold.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and water. Place in a saucepan, and rapidly heat until thickened. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, add the berries and lemon juice.
- Separate refrigerated pie crust into 2 single crusts. Line the bottom of a pie plate with 1 of the crusts.
- Pour filling into dough-lined pie pan. Top with second crust, cut vents, and flute rim. Sprinkle top lightly with sugar and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 cups of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 box of refrigerated pie crust