Dilly Deviled Eggs
A Southern classic with a little flair.
- Put eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Fill pan with water and cover eggs by at least 2 inches.
- Once the water is boiling, cover and turn off the heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Then, remove the eggs and place them in cold water.
- Once the eggs are cool, peel and cut them in half, lengthwise. Remove the yolk and place it in a mixing bowl. Set the egg halves on a serving platter.
- Mix yolks together with mayonnaise, mustard, and fresh dill. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture onto the egg halves, or put the mixture in a piping bag and pipe the mixture into the egg halves.
- Garnish with fresh dill and paprika, if desired.
From the Garden
- 2 teaspoons of fresh dill, chopped
From the Market and Pantry
- 1 dozen eggs
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste