Take grilled chicken from ordinary to extraordinary with this bright herby marinade that invigorates this tasty chicken dish. Use fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano from your own garden for maximum freshness and flavor. Be sure to serve your chicken topped with a few sprigs of fresh herbs for a gourmet look.
- Put the chicken and all other ingredients into a large Ziploc bag. Marinate in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken on well-oiled grates.
- Grill the chicken, flipping once until cooked through. Watch for flare-ups.
- When done, the internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Tip: Start this recipe in the morning so the chicken has time to absorb all the delicious herby marinade!
From the Garden
- 2 tablespoons of fresh stripped rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh stripped thyme
- 1/2 cup of fresh stripped oregano, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
From the Market and Pantry
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper