Prosciutto Wrapped Figs
Make this crowd-pleasing recipe with your freshly harvested figs!
- Wash figs and cut in half.
- Place a small piece of cheese in the center of each fig.
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each fig.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat in a grill pan.
- Once the grill pan is hot, place each fig in the pan. Cook each side for about 3-5 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp and cheese is slightly melted.
- Place on serving platter. Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 6 figs, cut into halves
- 6 slices of prosciutto, sliced into verticle halves
- 12 small pieces of cheese (we used smoked mozzarella here, but you could use any kind of cheese you would like)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus more for garnish